WHY WE NEED A MORE CONSERVATIVE SPEAKER IN TEXAS…
STRAUS’ LIBERAL LEGACY
Because Joe Straus as Speaker appointed all the committee chairs and the committees, he basically drove the agenda for the 82nd Legislative Session. Out of 70 chair/co-chair positions in the House, not a single conservative member with a high conservative score (as per 2011 Texas Eagle Forum Scorecard) was appointed as a chair; and only one was appointed to a co-chair position.
When we voters wonder why such bills as Sanctuary Cities, E-Verify, and English as the official language of Texas were not passed, all we have to do is to look at the various committees appointed by Straus:
- Criminal Jurisprudence with a 47.2% rating and a Democrat Chair with a 16% rating – appointed by Straus
- Border & Intergovernmental Affairs Committee with an average score of 34.8% and a Straus-appointed chair with an 8% rating
- State Affairs Committee with an average of 30.2% and a Straus-appointed chair with 40%
When we conservatives are upset because of the four redistricting maps that have set the conservative agenda back for ten years, all we have to do is to look at the House Redistricting Committee that has an average score of 27.2% with a Straus-appointed chair (Rep. Burt Solomons) who has a 33% rating.
If we are concerned because so many bills put forth by conservative House members never got to the floor for a vote, all we need to do is to consider the average score of 30.3% for the House Calendars Committee.
WHAT SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED
With all the conservative House members that we sent to Austin:
- the Sonogram Bill should have passed easily in the first several weeks of the Session instead of experiencing months of backdoor deals;
- the four redistricting maps (Congressional, Senate, House, State Board of Education) should have been drawn up to help rather than hinder the elections of conservatives for the next ten years;
- a law should have been passed that forbids Texas public schools from participating in the personally intrusive national database;
- open-source curriculum materials should have been placed under the oversight of the elected State Board of Education who could make sure that the materials written by liberal professors are not allowed to go straight to students’ desks;
- the public school funding mechanism should have been rewritten to force local school districts to practice fiscal responsibility. Instead, the legislature used $4 Billion from the Rainy Day Fund which could put Texas in jeopardy during a time of great financial uncertainty and/or unexpected emergencies;
- the TSA anti-groping bill should have been passed;
- the House pledge card system should have been banned;
- Sanctuary Cities and e-verify legislation should have been passed;
- the budget bills (SB 1 and SB 2) should not have been loaded up with provisions that had nothing to do with balancing the budget;
- and the use of foreign or Sharia law in our Texas courts should have been banned.
FOUR SCORECARD LINKS TO CHECK THE CONSERVATIVE RATING OF COMMITTEES
- Young Conservatives of Texas scorecard – 82nd Legislative Session: http://www.yct.org/yct-release-ratings-of-82nd-texas-legislature/
- Texas Eagle Forum scorecard – 82nd Legislative Session: http://texaseagle.org/component/content/article/332.html
- Heritage Alliance scorecard – 82nd Legislative Session: http://www.heritagealliance.com/tcr/tcrhome.php?Year=2011&House=House&Legislator=Rep.%20Hardcastle,%20Rick%20(R-68)
- Empower Texans scorecard – 82nd Legislative Session: http://www.empowertexans.com/2011-fri-taxpayer-champions/
SO NOW THE QUESTION IS…WHAT CAN YOU DO?
MATT BEEBE HAS ANNOUNCED THAT HE WILL RUN AGAINST JOE STRAUS.
WHO IS MATT BEEBE? FIND OUT BELOW:
This could very well be the story of David and Goliath in Texas. Matt Beebe an entrepreneur who relocated to San Antonio about 10 years ago has decided to take on Joe Straus of HD 121. He is challenging Straus known to the conservatives as the infamous Texas House Speaker. Beebe officially announced his intentions on December 12 at the Quarry Golf Club in San Antonio, Texas. He was welcomed by supporters and family. Beebe spoke about the shell game Straus played with the Rainy Day Fund and about how the budget maneuvering was going to come back to bite Texans in the next legislative session. He brought up the gambling situation that is waiting just around the corner for Texans. Beebe cautioned that the unions that will provide workers for the casinos will not enter a Right to Work state and are demanding an exemption. This alone signals a bad precedence to our state and will promote economic problems. He also said that gambling was not good for Texas communities as a whole.
He promised that he would be anti sanctuary city and that he would work hard to secure our Texas border and request employer restrictions on hiring illegals. He spoke of the human trafficking problem that exists on IH35 that moves 18,000 to 20,000 illegals into our cities. He believes that Texas jobs are for Texas citizens.
Matt and his wife Nicole have two adoptive children, Hannah 5 and Joshua 3 so he very well understands Pro Life issues and is committed to taking a stand for family values. He and his family are members of the Alamo Heights United Methodist Church and Hannah is enrolled at the hybrid Summit Christian Academy, a university model homeschooling system. Matt is a graduate of Michigan Technological University and served in the Air Force as a communications officer and counter measures engineer working on cyber security. He is the owner and founder of Digitactics and has 13 full and part time employees.Mr. Beebe has recently been endorsed by Young Conservatives of Texas.
IF “YOU” ARE INTERESTED IN SUPPORTING MATT BEEBE, YOU CAN HELP IN MANY AREAS.
- WALKING HIS DISTRICT. FERUARY 11th HAS BEEN SET UP FOR ANYONE FROM OUR AREA INTERESTED IN WALKING NEIGHBORHOODS FOR MATT BEEBE IN SAN ANTONIO. WE WILL TRAVEL TO SAN ANTONIO ON FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 10TH -WALKING WILL BE DONE ON SATURDAY FEBRUARY 11TH AND RETURN TO LONGVIEW LATER THAT DAY. FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL MIKE DENHOLM @ 903-297-5715 OR CONTACT BY E-MAIL, MIKDEN@SBCGLOBAL.NET. (A TRAINING WEBINAR IS BEING PLANNED TO ASSIST VOLUNTEERS).
- MAKE PHONE CALLS FOR MR. BEEBE. AGAIN, CONTACT MIKE DENHOLM FOR MORE INFORMATION.
- MAKE DONATIONS TO HIS CAMPAIGN; www.VOTEBEEBE.com
REMEMBER…WE THE PEOPLE-LONGVIEW ENCOURAGES OUR MEMBERS TO MAKE EDUCATED DECISIONS BEFORE SUPPORTING/VOTING FOR ANY CANDIDATE. PLEASE REVIEW INFORMATION BEFORE MAKING YOUR DECISION.
Please note: This IS NOT an endorsement from We The People-Longview of any candidate(s). We are simply providing you with information so YOU can make an educated decision.